Monday, July 16, 2012

Disney World Adventure part 3 - Animal Kingdom!

The last of the parks we visited was Animal Kingdom.  This park wasn't built the last time I was here so it was new for both of us.  It was pretty awesome getting to see all of your favorite animals and go on rides and see shows!  The animal enclosures and whole park were themed fantastically in the wonderful way that only Disney could do. 

One of the first rides we went on was Kilimanjaro Safaris.  It was just like you were going on a real African safari but with the Disney twist of staged adventure (and no immunity shots).  We got to see all of the animals so close!  They were so close I could have reached out of the truck and touched a giraffe!!!(you know, if I wasn't afraid I'd get bitten or thrown out of the park)  Here are some pics of just a few of the animals.






The next ride was the Kali River Rapids.  We didn't want to have soaking wet clothes hanging on us in all of that oppressive humidity (and I didn't want to pay $10 each for Disney World ponchos), so we went to the local Target and found all kinds of Disney souvenirs for cheap, including way less expensive Disney ponchos!  Added bonus, I was able to get a PINK one with the Princesses on it! 


And they were so figure flattering!  =)  Yes, I was a little excited!  Way better then all of those boring white ones that everyone else had!


You can see the Disney Princesses on my back!  (And flattering from behind too!)  =)


On our way to the Dinosaur ride we passed by this guy.  It just cried out to be imitated!  I obliged.  =)


Dave simply tried to lure it forward with some beef jerky.


In the Book of Megan and Dave, it shall be written that the best ride in the whole of Disney World was Expedition Everest!  We loved it!!!  We ended up riding it 7 times that day!



Some of the decor prepping you for your Everest adventure! 






My favorite pic from the park.  It was such a beautiful day!


See how cool the animal enclosures were!  They were like art!





I love Disney's attention to detail!




I love all the silly faces this boy gives me. 
I think, with all of my picture taking, he wore out of giving me straight faced smiles back when we were dating. =)



One of the Owls from the bird show.  Once again, one of the best bird shows I have ever seen!


The icon for the Animal Kingdom park, the Tree of Life.  No, there wasn't any fruit on it that was desirable above all other fruit because it's not a real tree.  At 145 ft tall it has 8,000 limbs and 103,000 fake leaves.  The most impressive thing was the 325 animals and mickeys carved into the trunk, branches, and roots of the tree.  Everywhere you looked on it you could see animals.  It was pretty neat!




Yup, it was a pretty amazing day and a pretty amazing trip!


No comments:

Post a Comment